1. Messing around creating the holding page for We Made a Show. It needs to go live asap because the web address has been bought and is on the We Made a Party posters around uni and I got us listed on typethatilike. The party logo will go to an online PDF, the pub quiz logo will click through to the DNA site. And I need to put the twitter link on there.
Just waiting to get the hosting sorted and get the holding page up. Then after hand-in I can start adding the images of work to the actual site. 
In case you missed it - for hand-in on the 10th May I need - 
2-5 images 580px wide or videos (must be uploaded to vimeo), a bio/description of around 40 words and links to portfolio sites/ twitter (3 max). These should be uploaded to dropbox. See facebook/ emails for log-in details.

    Messing around creating the holding page for We Made a Show. It needs to go live asap because the web address has been bought and is on the We Made a Party posters around uni and I got us listed on typethatilike. The party logo will go to an online PDF, the pub quiz logo will click through to the DNA site. And I need to put the twitter link on there.

    Just waiting to get the hosting sorted and get the holding page up. Then after hand-in I can start adding the images of work to the actual site.

    In case you missed it - for hand-in on the 10th May I need -

    2-5 images 580px wide or videos (must be uploaded to vimeo), a bio/description of around 40 words and links to portfolio sites/ twitter (3 max). These should be uploaded to dropbox. See facebook/ emails for log-in details.

  2. This is the completed A-Z page. Very happy with how this has turned out. The layout really compliments the animations and the colour scheme works well as always.

  3. Testing out the app on iPad. Today we were having trouble with having linked buttons in the scrollable areas of the app. 

    We did some research into nested interactive elements, and with a little bit of trial and error we got it to work.

    So now we have completed four features of the app, and just need to work on the actual interviews and content now.

    Building this app is challenging and a new thing for us. We went to the workshops from Hannah and Vogue on the basic functions. But as with web design, we like to do mini celebrations when things work how we want it to.

  4. Working on layouts for the help page


    21 Apr

    Top: My idea to explain dingbats. In Illustrator with notes. Put it in Dropbox

    Bottom: Megan’s gif. Rather than do all the letters it just spells out Dingbats

    Teamwork

  5. meganjonesnmp:

Headline GIF
Animation to show different styles in a headline font.

Megan has been working on the gifs for the A-Z of type. H is for Headline
I’ve make the stills and megan makes them move

    meganjonesnmp:

    Headline GIF

    Animation to show different styles in a headline font.

    Megan has been working on the gifs for the A-Z of type. H is for Headline

    I’ve make the stills and megan makes them move

  6. Today I’ve been working on the free font finds page. Firstly by gathering content and then putting it in to the layout we agreed on. The button size is 55x55px (clickable) and 45x45px (non-clickable).

    Anyone know any good free font sites?

    Today I’m creating the illustrations for the A-Z of type section. Click on the images for captions.

    Right from the beginning of being involved with STF and seeing the logo for the first time, we wanted to create a 3D version. 

    However this has proved really difficult as on closer inspection the logo is NOT a cube. Megan created a mockup using board and masking take to work out the logistics and to get an idea of size. Were hoping to get the final thing made of wood and roughly 6x6x6cm. We have a helper, Douglas, from 2nd year who kindly adjusted the measurements and today I did an actual size mock-up with my papercraft skills. 

    We worked out that because the logo is only 3 sides of a ‘cube’ and the ‘S’ is the same upside down, you could create it double sided. But after doing the test today it adds an extra block at the bottom which makes the ‘F’ less obvious…..

Previous 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next


GEORGE DUNKLEY

BA (Hons) Graphic Design
University of Salford
Graduated 2013
First class honours
YCN Winner 2012/13

I'm a 22 year old tumblr addict from Bury, UK. This is a personal blog of things I've done during my 3 years at university (and then some).

Links

abduzeedo
baubauhaus
behance
bench
bigchief
bitique
booooooom
centralillustration
cmykern
colourcollective
colourlovers
creativereview
d&ad
designdefined
designspiration
designworklife
dontpanic
eight48
eighthourday
ffffound
forprintonly
form
formfiftyfive
friendsoftype
fubiz
graphicexchange
gridbased
gridness
hellotypo
identitydesigned
iwantdesign
itsnicethat
kuler
logoed
lookslikegooddesign
lovelypackage
lovelystationary
magculture
meerli
mocoloco
neave
notincreativereview
notcot
reform
salfordillustration
salfordtypefoundry
septemberindustry
siteinspire
swissmiss
swisslegacy
theartistandhismodel
thecoolhunter
thedrum
thefoxisblack
thegrid
thegridsystem
theinspiration
thestrangeattractor
visuelle
wemadeashow
yatzer
yayeveryday
ycn